Chinese Theological College Australia (CTCA) is an inter-denominational theological institute, whose statement of faith, based on the Apostles’ Creed, mirrors that of the Chinese Christians Congress of World Evangelism.
The Statement of Faith (CCCOWE Statement of Faith)
1. We believe the Holy Scripture, both Old and New Testaments, is the inspired Word of God, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men, and the Divine and final authority for Christian faith and life.
2. We believe in the one, true and living God, eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in God and the Son, Jesus Christ, true God and true man, conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross and shed His blood as an atonement for the sins of men, and was raised bodily from the dead. He ascended into heaven. He will return imminently and personally according to His promise.
4. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Third Person of the Godhead, who is of one substance, equal in power, and co-existent with the Father and the Son. His ministry is to convict men, to regenerate the believing sinners, and to indwell and empower the believers for godly living and service.
5. We believe that man was created in the image and the likeness of God, but in Adam all men have fallen into sin, and as sinners men are in need of God’s salvation.
6. We believe that penitent sinners are regenerated solely by God’s grace and justified through faith in Jesus Christ alone.
7. We believe that there shall be a bodily resurrection of the just to eternal life, and of the unjust to eternal punishment.
8. We believe that the church is one body, consisting of those regenerated by the Spirit of God, and of which Christ is the Head, expressing itself in worship, fellowship, evangelism, and service.